The first known reunion of twins was hosted in 1930 by Edward M. Clink and his twin sister, Elsie, of Silver Lake, Indiana with 13 sets of twins present from his congregation. By 1934, this reunion had been nationalized. In 1937, it went "international" and was incorporated. The conventions were all held in northern Indiana during this period of time. Since 1939, the conventions have moved from city to city throughout the United States. In 1980, the convention was held in Toronto, Canada. It was the first time the convention was held outside of the United States.
Each year on Labor Day weekend, we hold a convention at a different location. The location is determined by a vote of the members 2 years in advance during our annual business meeting.